Vintage 1958 Christian Dior Mythical Creatures Gold Fish Pearl Necklace & Earrings Set
An iconic 1950s 'Mythical Creatures' set by Christian Dior. The necklace and earrings feature intricate gold metal fish with pearl and green glass bead drops. Each fish panel is linked by larger claw set faux pearl cabochons. The necklace has a slight three dimensional feel to it when worn and sits beautifully on the neck. The necklace is finished with a secure hook 'S' clasp and the earrings with secure clip backs. Both pieces are signed 'Christian Dior 1958'. The set can be found in Judith Miller's book 'Costume Jewellery'.
The necklace comes in its original box which is quite worn and being held together by tape in some parts. It also comes with a photo of its original owner wearing the set to the winter ball at Gstaad Palace in 1961.
- The necklace has been lovingly worn over the years and as such has encountered some wear. There is a small dark patch on the corner of a gold panel that has been welded at some point. There are also two fish tails which are missing their very top fins. The fins have been reattached to a slightly lower metal loop where a pearl would have been - This is unnoticeable when the set is worn but can be seen in the pictures looking at the central panel and third panel to the right. The earrings have lost their gold plated sheen but remain a lovely vibrant matte gold, there is a tiny bit of wear to one of the pearls.
Despite the wear the set remains in lovely condition and really comes to life when worn.
Length - 15 inches
Earring width - 3 cm
Earring height - 3 cm
Date - 1950s
Missed out on an item? click here to sign up for stock notifications.
- Clarice Jewellery uses Paypal to process online payments.
- Stripe checkout is used for securely processing all major credit cards.
- All items are thoughtfully wrapped and sent securely in either small jewellery boxes or protected large letter packets.
- Postage to the United Kingdom is £2.00. All items are sent via Royal Mail recorded delivery and will require a signature on arrival.
- Items can be sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery at an extra cost.
- Shipping to all non UK countries is £9.00. All items are sent via Royal Mail International tracked and sign and will require a signature upon delivery.
- Items can also be sent to P.O Boxes abroad.
Have a question? click here to get in contact.