Antique French Religous Relic Golden Metal Paste Griffon Dragon Crown
A wonderful antique decorative French miniature crown that would have originally adorned a church statue. The crown is set with beautiful paste stones with griffon dragons embellishing each side. The crown is finished with an adjustable back.
Written on the inside band of the crown is the mark ‘A P. Eglise de Pierry’which I have traced to the church of Saint-Julien de Pierry, situated in Pierry in the Champagne-Ardenne region of France where the crown would have originally come from.
I have also found an old photograph of inside the church where you can faintly see the statues that this crown would have most probably adorned at one point.
- The crown is in good antique condition.
Inside Circumference - 14 inches
Date - 1800s
Missed out on an item? click here to sign up for stock notifications.
- Clarice Jewellery uses Paypal to process online payments.
- Stripe checkout is used for securely processing all major credit cards.
- All items are thoughtfully wrapped and sent securely in either small jewellery boxes or protected large letter packets.
- Postage to the United Kingdom is £2.00. All items are sent via Royal Mail recorded delivery and will require a signature on arrival.
- Items can be sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery at an extra cost.
- Shipping to all non UK countries is £9.00. All items are sent via Royal Mail International tracked and sign and will require a signature upon delivery.
- Items can also be sent to P.O Boxes abroad.
Have a question? click here to get in contact.